- The share
- Press releases
- Financial calendar
- Financial reports
- Financial reports – ESEF
- Prospectus and material offerings
- Financial presentations
- Corporate governance
- Analyst Coverage
- Code of Conduct
- Environmental Policy
- Code of Conduct for Suppliers
- Policy on anti-corruption, gifts and hospitality
- Contact us
- Thank you
Interim report January-March 2021
First quarter 2021 (1 Jan – 31 Mar)
• Net sales amounted to SEK 58.3 million (46.5), corresponding to an increase of 26 percent in SEK and 38 percent in local currencies. Net sales of non-durable goods amounted to SEK 54.9 million (44.2), corresponding to an increase of 24 percent in SEK and 36 percent in local currencies.
• Machine perfusion constituted 53 percent (31) of net sales.
• Adjusted operating profit before depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 6.3 million (5.1), corresponding to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 11 percent (11). Reported EBITDA amounted to SEK 11.2 million (7.6), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 19 percent (16).
• Adjusted operating profit (EBIT) amounted to SEK -1.8 million (-2.5). Reported EBIT amounted to SEK 3.2 million (0.0).
• Net profit amounted to SEK 6.0 million (6.5). Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.21 (0.25).
Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the quarter amounted to SEK 350.3 million (158.7).
Significant events during the quarter
• An article published in the scientific journal The New England Journal of Medicine, shows that oxygenated perfusion of the donated liver before transplantation has a significant positive impact on the outcomes after transplantation.
• First patients transplanted in the Australian heart preservation study.
“The first quarter of the year was positive in several respects. Sales of machine perfusion in Thoracic totaled SEK 21 million, an increase of 45 percent year-on-year. In the US, the AOPO (the Association of Organ Procurement Organizations) presented a new groundbreaking target of increasing the number of transplants by 50 percent in the period until 2026, which creates important business opportunities for XVIVO. The main highlight in the first quarter was an article in the New England Journal of Medicine in February which emphasized the significant advantages of oxygenated perfusion of liver before transplantation.”
Invitation to conference call
CEO Dag Andersson and CFO Kristoffer Nordström will present the report in a conference call today at 2.00 p.m. CET.
Telephone US: +1 631 913 1422, Telephone UK: +44 333 300 0804. PIN: 16950415#
April 21, 2021
For further information, please contact:
Dag Andersson, CEO, +46 76 643 30 31, e-mail: email@example.com
Kristoffer Nordström, CFO, +46 73 519 21 64, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1998, XVIVO is the only medical technology company dedicated to extending the life of all major organs – so transplant teams around the world can save more lives. Our solutions allow leading clinicians and researchers to push the boundaries of transplantation medicine. XVIVO is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, and has offices and research sites on two continents. The company is listed on Nasdaq and has the ticker symbol XVIVO. More information can be found on the website www.xvivoperfusion.com.
This information is information that XVIVO Perfusion AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 2021-04-21 07:30 CEST.