- The share
- Press releases
- Financial calendar
- Financial reports
- Prospectus and material offerings
- Financial presentations
- Corporate governance
- Analyst Coverage
- Code of Conduct
- Thank you
XVIVO presents interim report January-June 2021
Second quarter 2021 (Apr 1 – Jun 30)
• Net sales amounted to SEK 59.3 million (30.4), corresponding to an increase of 95 percent in SEK and 116 percent in local currencies. Net sales of non-durable goods amounted to SEK 56.3 million (28.0), corresponding to an increase of 101 percent in SEK and 124 percent in local currencies.
• Machine perfusion accounted for 52 percent (39) of net sales.
• Net sales in Business area Thoracic amounted to SEK 49.9 million (30.3) and Abdominal SEK 9.4 million (-).
• Adjusted operating profit before depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 8.4 million (-1.0), corresponding to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 14 percent (-3). Reported EBITDA amounted to SEK -1.5 million (-5.5), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of -3 percent (-18).
• Adjusted operating profit (EBIT) amounted to SEK 0.6 million (-8.2). Reported EBIT amounted to SEK -9.3 million (-12.7).
• Net profit amounted to SEK -8.9 million (-16.0). Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.31 (-0.60).
• Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the quarter amounted to SEK 311.4 million (140.0).
Significant events during the quarter
• A 510(k) application for Kidney Assist Transport was filed with the FDA in the US.
• In the UK, NICE issued guidelines recommending EVLP as the standard arrangement for preservation of lungs.
• The number of shares and votes in XVIVO Perfusion AB (publ) increased by 33,261 following exercise of warrants under incentive program 2019/2021.
The period 2021 (Jan 1 – Jun 30)
• Net sales amounted to SEK 117.6 million (76.9), corresponding to an increase of 53 percent in SEK and 68 percent in local currencies. Net sales of non-durable goods amounted to SEK 111.1 million (72.2), corresponding to an increase of 54 percent in SEK and 70 percent in local currencies.
• Machine perfusion accounted for 52 percent (34) of net sales.
• Net sales in Business area Thoracic amounted to SEK 96.3 million (76.8) and Abdominal SEEK 21.3 million (-).
• Adjusted operating profit before depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 14.7 million (4.1), corresponding to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 12 percent (5). Reported EBITDA amounted to SEK 9.7 million (2.1), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 8 percent (3).
• Adjusted operating profit (EBIT) amounted to SEK -1.2 million (-10.7). Reported EBIT amounted to SEK -6.2 million (-12.7).
• Net profit amounted to SEK -2.9 million (-9.5). Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.10 (-0.36).
• Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period amounted to SEK 311.4 million (140.0).
Significant events during the period
• An article published in The New England Journal of Medicine, shows that oxygenated perfusion of donated liver before transplantation has a significant positive impact on the outcomes after transplantation.
• First patients transplanted in the Australian heart preservation study.
“The impact of the pandemic on hospitals varies between countries, which means that the rate at which transplant centers are returning to normal activity levels varies. The US, XVIVO’s largest market, was quick to introduce an effective vaccination program, and the number of transplants for all major organs increased sharply in 2021 compared to 2020 and is now just above 2019 numbers. Other markets, such as certain European countries, started to recover later on, which has led to more patients waiting for new organs and the demand for transplants has never been higher. XVIVO’s vision that “Nobody should die waiting for a new organ” has become even more relevant during the pandemic.“
For further information, please contact:
Dag Andersson, CEO, +46 76 643 30 31, e-mail: email@example.com
Kristoffer Nordström, CFO, +46 73 519 21 64, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CEO Dag Andersson och CFO Kristoffer Nordström will present the report in a conference call today at 2 PM CET. Telephone UK: +44 333 300 0804, USA: +1 631 913 1422 or Sweden: +46 8 566 426 51 PIN: 52713996#
Founded in 1998, XVIVO is the only medical technology company dedicated to extending the life of all major organs – so transplant teams around the world can save more lives. Our solutions allow leading clinicians and researchers to push the boundaries of transplantation medicine. XVIVO is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, and has offices and research sites on two continents. The company is listed on Nasdaq and has the ticker symbol XVIVO. More information can be found on the website www.xvivoperfusion.com.
This information is information that XVIVO Perfusion AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 2021-07-13 07:30 CEST.